Question: What are the required documents for Admissions ?


  1.  Filled Application Form (Scan Copy)
  2.  Photocopy of valid passport (With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included)
  3. Passport photo (A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant)
  4. High school academic transcript OR Matriculation/O-level Certificate or Mark sheet (Grade 10)
  5.  High school graduate certificate Or Intermediate/FSc/A-Level Certificate or Mark sheet (10+2
  6. Registration/Application + Admission Fee

Question:  Are scholarships available?


The Chinese government has several scholarship programs for those who wish to study in China.But Schlorships are only available at Masters Or Postgraduation level, not at Bachelors or Undergraduate level .

Question:  Can I work while studying?


According to government regulations in China, international students cannot work during their studies. However, part-time work or internships are sometimes allowed. Jobs teaching English are particularly easy for native English speakers to find.

Question:  What is the average level of living expenses?


China is a developing country where you can find both very expensive and cheaper goods depending on your taste. And overall living expenses in China are quite low.

The Cafeteria/Mess in universities of China generally offers single dish meals with rice for as little as 4 RMB per meal. Chinese restaurants on campus and in the local area offer meals for 5 – 20 RMB per person. Western restaurants will cost between 50 and 100 RMB per person per meal.

Question:  What other types of expenses should I plan for while in China?


Entertainment in China is generally inexpensive. Transportation options include the public bus (which costs 1-2 RMB per ride) and subway (2-4 RMB per ride), as well as taxi service which costs 10 RMB for short distances and up to 30 RMB to go across town or downtown. Many students also opt to buy bicycles while they are in China. Bicycles are the most prevalent mode of transport in China and the flat topography makes most cities ideal for this type of transportation. New bicycles can be purchased for around 200 RMB.

Question:  How can I get or exchange money while I am in China?


You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash or traveler’s checks. ATM machines are available in most banks of China. And you can also draw cash in advance over the counters at most large banks for a transaction charge. Major hotels and most fine restaurants and stores now accept credit cards in China. Students enrolling for longer courses may wish to open a bank account in the banks of China.

Question:  Should I / Can I open a Chinese bank account?


Some students find it easier to manage their money and student budgets by opening a local Chinese bank account. GSIC staff will help you through the process of opening one in your first few days after arrival.

Bear in mind that it can be tricky and expensive transferring money in and out of a Chinese account through international bank transfers or online. We find it best if you can deposit cash to fund your account.

Question:  Do I have to live on campus OR Can i live off the campus?


Off-campus housing is available but you must make sure that any apartment you rent is a legal residence for foreigners.

Question:  Are bills and utilities included in my accommodation costs?


All utility bills are covered in the accommodation/Hostel fees .

Question:  Are there gym / supermarket / bank facilities/Restaurants/Muslim Halal Food near my accommodation?


Yes – All these facilities are usually within walking distance to all accommodations whether you are living on the campus or Off the Campus. The GSIC staff will show you these areas during your first few days of arrival in order to get you acquainted with your new home /Hostel and local area as soon as possible.

Question:  What if I don’t like my roommates ?


Students generally get along with their roommates.However, if there is a problem, we will find you a new roommate in order that your stay will be as pleasant as possible. We will try to make sure it’s the same type of accommodation. Of course, it is not easy to find new housing, but we will do our best to move you within a reasonable amount of time as long as we find your problems to be legitimate. GSIC will always do its best for you within reason.

Question:  How can I apply online ?


Click here to Apply Online

If any query dont hestitate to Contact Us  

Contact us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!

Click ENTER to chat